Energy/Environment's Role in Election
Leading national conservation groups will hold an afternoon press conference next Wednesday, November 5th to discuss the unprecedented role of energy and global warming as issues in this year’s elections.
The groups will recap their own political programs and endorsements, outline how candidates up and down the ballot engaged on key issues, and will begin to lay out what a new administration and Congress will mean for clean energy, economic recovery and global warming.
- Gene Karpinski, President, League of Conservation Voters
- Cathy Duvall, Political Director, Sierra Club
- Anna Aurilio, Washington DC Director, Environment America
- Robert Wendelgass, National Deputy Director, Clean Water Action
- Sue Brown, Executive Director, National Wildlife Federation Action Fund
National Press Club First Amendment Lounge 529 14th St. NW 13th Floor Washington, DC
Visuals will include presentation of group and candidate ads from throughout the campaign