Rally to Keep Exelon Out of D.C.
Last month, D.C. scored a big victory when the Public Service Commission unanimously rejected Chicago-based energy giant Exelonâ€™s attempt to take over Pepco. Their decision made it clear that this merger is NOT in the public interest. But our fight isnâ€™t quite over.
Exelon has indicated they will try and push their bad deal through. Their first key step would be reaching a back room deal with Mayor Bowser and the D.C. Government. We wonâ€™t let that happen!
Next Thursday at noon, join us in front of the Wilson Building to show Mayor Bowser that we stand together against this bad deal â€“ and we wonâ€™t let Exelon sneak it under the door at the last minute.
- WHAT: Rally to keep Exelon out of D.C. (and our region)!
- WHEN: Thursday, September 17th at noon
- WHERE: In front of the Wilson Building at 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- WHO: The Power DC coalition, you and all of your friends who live or work in downtown D.C.
- WHY: We need all hands on deck to keep our victory intact—and to protect our electricity bills and our progress on clean energy from Exelon’s top-down, anti-renewable energy, nuclear-driven business model.
Just since August 24, hundreds of letters have been sent to Mayor Bowser urging her to stand firm—now itâ€™s time to show our strength. We can protect D.C. residents from higher bills and keep our region heading toward cleaner, more efficient power.